I haven't written in a while because I've been so frickin' busy. I got the script done, now I'm just waiting for the meeting with some friends on Thursday to see what we're going to do next. Speaking of which, I should call Lance.
Anyway, I didn't get the job with DOC. I was a smidgen disappointed, only from a financial aspect. But we'll make it work. Instead, I'm going back to school! I had started many years ago for my Early Childhood Education AA degree, but between issues with a professor (that's a long, drawn out story that I really don't want to talk about), money, and my feet, I just kinda gave up. I started seeing how much time it was going to be on my feet and I got really discouraged. I thought there was no way I could spend that much time on my feet a day.
So I've been looking at other options like business and what not. But nothing ever rang right like it did with teaching. I've wanted to be a teacher for as long as I can remember. And when I have wanted something this badly in the past, I never let my feet stand in my way. Why should I now?
So I've enrolled with Western Governors University for a teaching degree. But instead of doing just ECE, I'm going to do Interdisciplinary, which is basically K-8. I want to be a first grade teacher. But I can't limit myself to just one grade. I may have to get my feet wet teaching another grade. And that's fine. I want this. Have always wanted it. Now I'm gonna get it!!
Jordan is fantastic!! He just turned 4 months and I can't believe it. It's been such a fantastic 4 months. He's such a good baby! I can't believe how lucky we got to have him. He's funny, sweet, friendly, loves to play, loves to smile and laugh. And he's learning everyday. It's just so amazing to watch someone constantly learning and growing. I don't know that this kid will ever know how much he is loved.
Justin and I are doing fantastically. We've allowed ourselves to get out a few times this month. Give ourselves a few breaks. And that's been good. Things have been a lot better since I've been on the Paxil. I still get a little moody, but nothing we can't handle.
All in all, life is really good. I couldn't be happier. I don't know that I've ever been happier. Now I just beg for that other shoe not to drop! :-)
I didn't know you wanted to be a teacher! How cool! Might I suggest whilst you are doing this school thing to possibly ask if you can observe a few classes here and there... I wanted to do middle or high school... then one day I volunteered for field day... I LOVED THE 3-5th graders! I still do when I teach at Bemis... although I appreciate the high schoolers too... YAY LISSA! Proud of you girl! You can do it! (yes - said it just like you thought I did!)
ReplyDelete